Sunday, February 22, 2009

fresco cafe


Since I have moved to Santa Barbara, I have always read about Fresco Cafe, and their amazing soups, salads and sandwiches. Around my 22nd birthday, I invited two close friends that go to UCSB to have a girls lunch with me at the Five Point location...

I ordered the Chinese Chicken Salad, while they each had a sandwich. If we were food critics... I think we would get Fresco Cafe 3 stars... It was really fresh food, and we definitely didn't have any complaints. We sat inside, and spent the entire lunch talking about where we are going after college, who is moving in with their parents when they graduate, the economy and jobs, and about leaving Santa Barbara. Only now do I realize how much my friends and I talk about graduation and leaving the town we have come to call 'home'. While I have only lived here for two years, I find myself calling my childhood home "my parent's house", and referring to my apartment in Santa Barbara as "my house" or "home". Since I am immediately going to backpacking in Europe when I graduate (an entirely different kind of exploring!!!), I know that I will eventually move to my parents' house until I can find a job. My last months of school not only equate to the thoughts of leaving Santa Barbara, they also make me realize how soon I will be back living under Mom and Dad's roof and rules. Living in Santa Barbara, I have discovered an entirely new sense of freedom and independence. While my parents aren't particularly strict, I will no longer have the same freedoms that I enjoy while living here. Although I am excited to be graduating, the thought is bittersweet. Going to lunch with the girls definitely was not only an exploration of a new restaurant, but it brought up our fears and our excitement about the new chapter in our lives.


How the Fresco Cafe mediates their space:
http://www.frescosb.com/

VOTED:
Santa Barbara News Press
Best Lunch Spot..Best Business Lunch ..Best Desserts

Santa Barbara Independent
Best Caesar


Our review:
While the meal was definitely good, it was not anything outstanding. The atmosphere was perfect for a laid back lunch, however it was nothing impressive. Next time I go, I will have to try their famous Caesar Salad or a Dessert!!

No comments:

Post a Comment