Monday, February 16, 2009

exploration quote


Now that I am taking this class, I have realized that I pay more attention to everything I do. I am finding the smallest details in places i have been a million times. I went to Starbucks, and as i was "exploring" the side of my Starbucks coffee, i found this quote...I thought it applied to this class 100% percent...

I used to think that going to the
jungle made my life an adventure.
However, after years of unusual
work in exotic places, I realize
that it is not how far off I go or
how deep into the forest I walk
that gives my life meaning. I see
that living life fully is what makes
life-anyone's life, no matter
where they do or do not go-
an adventure.

-Maria Fadiman
Geographer, ethnobotanist, and
National Geographic Emerging
Explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment