Sunday, February 22, 2009

Breakfast Time!






Since I have moved to Santa Barbara, my friends and roommates are shocked beyond belief when I say I have never been to Cajun Kitchen. Its not that I was avoiding it! I had just... never been! When my mom came into Santa Barbara to visit, I dragged her to Cajun Kitchen so we could experience what all the fuss was about!
We decided to go to the one downtown (near Nordstroms), and the wait was really short (we went around 8:30 or 9:00 am). It was a really nice breakfast, and we spent the time talking and reading our newspapers and magazines. We both had eggs, hash browns (me) and potatoes (her), and English muffins. The breakfast was amazing and it was really nice to just sit and eat breakfast together. I am beginning to realize that actually arriving and spending time in the place is not really 'exploring'. When I started this project, I just expected to show up, and the exploration and experience would be completely geared towards the space. Although I created a cognitive map of the space, as well as the people around us, I was more focused on the quality time that I was spending with my mom then the space in which we spent it in...


The Cajun Kitchen Cafe901 Chapala St.Santa Barbara, CA 93101805-965-1004

No comments:

Post a Comment