Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Final Project!

For my final project for Flmst187ME, I decided to create my own blog. My goal is to explore outside of my everyday life and try new things that I have never done before. I will take pictures and write about it at least once a week. Also, if I find any quotes or pictures that I love or inspire my exploration, I will add those to.
I am going to graduate in less than 6 months, and there is so much left to do before I leave. I don't want to look back one day, and kick myself for living in Santa Barbara and not taking full advantage of everything that is here. I feel the 187 assignment is a perfect opportunity to combine what I want to do when I graduate and the theme of exploration within the class parameter. My inspiration for the project came from a list that I made when I was still in middle school. I made a list of 30 things I want to accomplish before I turn 30 years old. I am 21, and I don't even think I am half way done! I also drew from books and suggestions from friends and family. Last, when Mike brought in his tape of his exploration of his room, I was inspired to do something that steps outside of the traditional ways of mediating a school project. Although he said that he was self-conscious and wasn't sure if he wanted to show the film, in the end, it allowed me to not be censor myself. Through these explorations, I won't leave out parts or be self-conscious of what I write or how I think.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment